In the Gracia Street site, remains of civilizations that throughout history inhabited the area that is currently Alcázar de San Juan were discovered.
Marmurán is a space for art, which offers its headquarters to all those interested in art and collecting.
The Isidro Parra Foundation was created from the express wish of the artist Isidro Parra with all his legacy: paintings, engravings, sculptures, graphic and editorial projects, reliefs, objects, collages, artist’s books…
José Luis Samper, Favorite Son of Alcázar de San Juan, has been able to capture through his brushes a La Mancha land almost unknown nowadays.
Managed by the Cultural Association of Choirs and Dances, and located at its headquarters, this Museum exhibits different complete costumes on mannequins, the representative clothing used at the end of the 20th century. XIX and early s. XX, in Alcázar de San Juan.
The Wine Interpretation Center is located at the headquarters of the DO La Mancha. Its facilities are divided into three floors.
The building, which today is the City Hall, was the headquarters and property of the Casino of Alcázar de San Juan, also called Casino Principal and sometimes Casino Primitivo.
The Convent of Santa Clara was built in the sixteenth century next to the Hermitage of the Immaculate Conception, now disappeared, and housed the Poor Clare nuns until 1868.
Inaugurated in May 1985 as the National Railway Museum, it is located on the grounds of the RENFE Station, and is managed by the Association of Friends of the Railway.
Located in the middle of the La Mancha plain, the Gran Prior Canal is one of the most monumental and unknown hydraulic infrastructures of Castilla-La Mancha.
Las Saladillas is one of the most interesting Bronze Age archaeological sites in Castilla-La Mancha.
Since 1633 the Trinitarian monks preached in Alcázar de San Juan, an action that generated benefactors such as two relatives of the Inquisition: Juan Guerrero Portanova and Bernarda de Úbeda, who were the main promoters of the future Trinitarian convent and church.
The foundation of the Convent of San Francisco was the initiative of D. Diego de Toledo, son of the Duke of Alba D. Fadrique Alvarez de Toledo, and nephew of King Ferdinand the Catholic, and whose coat of arms is on the top of the main altar.
The increase in population experienced by the town in the fifteenth century, passing the thousand neighbors, and urban growth towards the north of the town led to the construction of a new parish, producing in 1511 the territorial division of Alcazar between Santa Maria and Santa Quiteria.
The oldest parish in the city, in 1537 a papal bull of Pope Paul III was granted to the church, creating in the parish the chapter of St. Peter and St. Paul, becoming from that moment onwards the prior collegiate church of St. Mary, whose Prior and Chapter was presented by the Order of St. John and elected by the Archbishopric of Toledo.
The arrival of the railroad to Alcázar de San Juan took place in 1854, continuing afterwards until completing the railway line to Alicante in 1858.
This building is the union of two heritage elements of the city that have their origin in the seventeenth century. One is the remains of the old manor house of the Sanabria family and the other is what remains of the old chapel of Santo Domingo Soriano, created as a memorial by Don Diego de Sanabria.
Located in the old Convent of San José, in the area known as Granero de las Monjas (17th century), the FORMMA Museum (Museum of La Mancha Ceramics) exhibits a wide sample of pieces from the main pottery centers of the region of La Mancha.
The Hidalgo Museum is located in an old 16th century manor house known as Casa del Rey. In it we can discover how was the life of the noblemen who inspired Miguel de Cervantes when he created the character of Don Quixote of La Mancha.
The windmills of Alcázar de San Juan crown the so-called “Cerro de San Antón”, an elevation of quartzite rock that originated from the high-pressure compaction of sand from the shallow seabed that occupied this area of La Mancha in the Paleozoic Era, more than 450 million years ago.
The most important vestiges of Alcázar’s medieval past are located in the surroundings of the Santa María neighborhood, first Arab…
The Piédrola site is located six kilometers northwest of the town of Alcázar de San Juan. From the topographic point of view, the site extends over a plain area, although with gentle undulations, cut in two halves by the construction of the train track that connects Alcázar de San Juan with Madrid.