Holy Trinity Church
Since 1633 the Trinitarian monks preached in Alcázar de San Juan, an action that generated benefactors such as two relatives of the Inquisition: Juan Guerrero Portanova and Bernarda de Úbeda, who were the main promoters of the future Trinitarian convent and church.
San Francisco Church and Convent
The foundation of the Convent of San Francisco was the initiative of D. Diego de Toledo, son of the Duke of Alba D. Fadrique Alvarez de Toledo, and nephew of King Ferdinand the Catholic, and whose coat of arms is on the top of the main altar.
Parish of Santa Quiteria
The increase in population experienced by the town in the fifteenth century, passing the thousand neighbors, and urban growth towards the north of the town led to the construction of a new parish, producing in 1511 the territorial division of Alcazar between Santa Maria and Santa Quiteria.
Parish of Santa María la Mayor
The oldest parish in the city, in 1537 a papal bull of Pope Paul III was granted to the church, creating in the parish the chapter of St. Peter and St. Paul, becoming from that moment onwards the prior collegiate church of St. Mary, whose Prior and Chapter was presented by the Order of St. John and elected by the Archbishopric of Toledo.