With more than four decades working in the development of non-formal education and training, the Popular University of Alcazar de San Juan is a cultural project focused on the visual and performing arts, as well as the dissemination of the intangible heritage of the city. It is a living project whose purpose is to promote continuing education and cultural leisure.
Through the Patronato Municipal de Cultura, it covers a program of courses and workshops offered coinciding, both at the beginning and at the end, with each school year, in which the target public is from 4 years old onwards, with no age limit.Show more content
Among the objectives of the Universidad Popular are:
- Promote education and continuing education within the company.
- Promote educational and cultural leisure within the city.
- Promote and motivate the participation of different groups in the city.
- To develop a training program suitable for all types of audiences without inequalities.
- To consolidate the programming of the Popular University as an educational, cultural, therapeutic, social and human program suitable for any sector of the population regardless of their condition.
- Create a window through the social network IG @upalcazardesanjuan where they can get to know us through the advertised content.
Click here to download program
In those courses and workshops where there are vacancies.
Registration procedure and required documentation
- Enrollment Application. Available at the Casa de Cultura Offices and at the City Hall Electronic Office https://sede.alcazardesanjuan.es/ duly completed. It can be done in person at the offices of the Casa de Cultura from Monday to Friday from 8 am to 3 pm, or through the electronic office of the City Council. Necessary Electronic Signature of the person who is going to register (in case of minors, of the father, mother, guardian or legal tutor) or Permanent Key. For this second option, you must complete and sign the generic application linked to this procedure and attach it in the process of Providing Documentation to the City Council.
- Proof of payment of the first course fee or the full course fee plus a 3.50€ administrative fee.
- Direct debit order stamped by the bank, if this option is chosen as payment method. Available at the offices of the Casa de Cultura and at the Electronic Headquarters of the City Council.
Certificate of Bank Ownership or receipt confirming that the person who appears on the Registration Form is the holder of the account to be paid by direct debit, if the direct debit order is not stamped by the bank.
Bank account number
CAIXA BANK: ES97 2100 7988 681300592303
Departures after the start of the course
It must be communicated in writing, at least one week before the month prior to the month prior to the termination, at the PMC secretary’s office. Any cancellations communicated verbally to the corresponding course instructor will not be valid.
End of course
Coincide with the current school calendar